A. Purpose and Scope
- To effectively advance the mission of The Connected Commerce Council (“3C”), small business network, and their representatives are expected to act with honesty and integrity, conducting themselves professionally and with respect for their colleagues and business partners.
- 3C accordingly requires that all network conduct themselves in accordance with this Code of Conduct (“Code”). Failure to adhere to this Code may result in suspension or removal from the network or other disciplinary action.
- This Code applies to the network and their individual officers, directors, partners, employees, and other representatives of a supporter company. This Code also applies to the conduct of individuals serving on 3C committees and advisory groups, and to all member activities supported by the 3C.
B. Compliance with Law
- Users must make reasonable efforts to understand and comply with all applicable legal requirements imposed on their operations by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Users must not willfully violate or disregard the requirements of the law. A pattern of repeated violations may demonstrate willfulness.
C. Respect for the 3C, Individuals and Groups
- The 3C and its network will behave in a professional manner and respect the reputation of supporters and the other organizations with which we interact.
- The 3C and its network will provide an environment free of discrimination, abusive, offensive, and harassing behavior. All supporters will treat individuals and groups respectfully, recognizing their human dignity, regardless of their diverse characteristics. All will contribute to a business environment that is free of hostile, harassing, and objectively offensive behaviors.
- The 3C and its network will respect the confidentiality of sensitive commercial and personal information.
D. Relationship with the 3C
- Each user will engage in 3C activities in the spirit of 3C’s mission.
- Each user may advertise 3C to others, including through the use of any tags, logos, or other images provided to members by the 3C; each supporter is granted a license to use such images for these purposes, but not to modify them or use them for any other purpose. Permission to advertise the network of supporters and the related licenses cease upon termination.